If you still have fitness-minded folks over 50 on your shopping list, we’re here with this 2022 Fitness Gift Guide. These represent a range of prices, goods and services, all to help that special person exercise and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Happy shopping!
1. E-Bike. More than just a fad, e-bikes are here to stay. They give you a range of boosts to help you keep riding longer. You still get great exercise, and you’re more likely to use them more than regular bikes, surveys show. Prices vary widely; this best-seller on Amazon is on sale for $1,000.
2. Drink Coasters That Look Like Barbell Plates. And now the cheapest item – just $12.99. These are whimsical and give a bit of friendly support to the lifter on your list.
3. Adjustable dumbbells. These kinds of items also come in a range of prices, weights, and quality. They’re handy to have around the house, garage or home gym.
4. A Theragun. These hand-held massage devices, above, made a big splash and have been showing up in gyms and studios everywhere. They offer deeper muscle treatment to soothe chronic and acute pain, release tension and soreness, and improve circulation, flexibility and sleep. From $149.
5. Resistance bands are low-tech but are also handy to have. They’re available from many retailers in rubber and in fabric, starting at around $10. They can provide a good workout at home and are super-simple to toss in a suitcase for travel. Here’s just one example, Fit Simplify, available on Amazon.com.
6. A new mat. Maybe it’s time to get a new one, or maybe it’ll be the first. Either way, it’s great to have a mat handy for home workouts or to take to yoga or Pilates class. Also affordable from countless retailers.
7. Weighted blankets. Studies show that weighted blankets help us calm down, feel secure and rest better. And rest is one of the most essential elements of fitness.
8. Skid-Proof Socks. They’re low cost and high value. Everybody loves getting new socks, especially when they have rubber on the bottom to keep you from slipping on floors at home or in yoga class.
9. Bhu Bars are keto-friendly, low sugar, organic, and vegan. Best thing: They’re insanely delicious, in flavors like chocolate chip, peanut butter, and coconut. Hit your macros, whatever they might be, and fight hunger with these healthy snacks.
10. Headspace App. Mindfulness and meditation can seem intimidating to newbies. But this friendly, fun and effective smart-phone app makes it easy to gain the benefits. $70 a year.
Of course, the best gift is your time and attention. So, go on a walk or bike ride with people you love, or whatever outdoor activity appeals to you. Treat them to a meal at their favorite healthy restaurant. Better yet, come see us to see how to make 2023 the fittest, best year for everyone involved. Happy Holidays!