Fitness resolutions have their fans and detractors Whether you made a resolution to get fit or just renewed your commitment to exercise and eat right, we’re here to keep you going throughout the year with these 21 reasons to stick with it in ’21.
- Because 2020 could not have been worse!
- This is the year you truly embrace healthy living and an attitude of gratitude.
- You can look and feel good for your sweetheart or yourself on Valentine’s Day next month.
- You want to be part of the one-third of people over 50 who exercise regularly.
- You want to live longer and have more freedom to do what you want to do.
- About 70 percent of the disposable income in the US is in your generation’s hands, and you darn well intend to spend your share.
- If you’re retired or working less, you have the flexibility to work out when, how and where you want – and that’s a luxury you earned and should use.
- You still want to be the fun grandparent.
- You need to stay strong to help care for your own parents.
- Remember, exercise is the miracle drug. It’s good for your bones, muscles, balance, heart, breathing, mental health and sleep.
- It’s fun – even when you don’t feel like it.
- You want to look good – and there ain’t nothing wrong with that.
- You’re not going to quit something important just because you’re having a tough day.
- Springtime will be here soon, and you’ll want to garden, golf, or play tennis.
- The vaccine is coming and we all have a lot of time to make up for. That includes (we hope!) making travel plans. In the US alone, people over 50 spend $160 billion a year on travel. You need strength, balance and stamina to go everywhere and do all that’s on your list.
- You’ll want to socialize when Covid-19 is over, and your pals will want you to join them in a new exercise class or small group training.
- You like making your doctor smile.
- When the holidays roll around, you will have earned that extra dressing and the slice of pumpkin pie.
- You want to avoid being overweight, falling, getting diabetes, and letting high blood pressure go unchecked.
- To set a positive example.
- Exercise makes you feel good. Every time.
We’re Here to Help with Fitness Resolutions
Over the year, be sure to stay up to date on activities here and throughout the community so you can make plans and set different goals.
Whatever your motivation – and no matter what happens next with the pandemic — we’re here to help you reach your goals. We want to help you have a good, safe, healthy time while you’re doing it.
Let us know what motivates you. And don’t be shy to say when you need a little extra encouragement some days.
The new year is going to be soooooo much better!